Sunday, January 29, 2006

They Think It's All Over

Another lousy overnight flight this time. This could well be the last time we ever fly long-haul economy. Nobody slept particularly well. Erin wouldn't go to sleep until about an hour and a half out of Heathrow, and I just couldn't get to sleep. I was too hot and irritable. I watched Bill Murray in Broken Flowers, which was a good film, but half the dialogue was inaudible (technical fault, I think). I was so desperate later in the flight that I watched The Wedding Crashers, which was probably improved by the lack of some dialogue, though not to the extent of the previous film. Sarah's preferred option, Pride & Prejudice, just wasn't working at all.
Anyway, we landed on a perfect winter afternoon. Crisp, clear, cold, with perfect blue sky. Just the sort of day you'd want to come back to (in winter, anyway). Arriving back at the house was very odd. The outside looked familiar, but the inside seemed small and dark, and the kitchen didn't look like ours at all. I'm sure we'll get used to it. It seems strange to think that we won't be spending our days all together now, and that we will have to deal with the same things day after day, rather than each day bringing new and exciting things, but perhaps that's a problem of outlook rather than reality. We're all looking forward to sleeping in our own beds tonight, though, I can tell you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?