Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The day dawns...

Well, after what seems like for ever, we've arrived at November 1st. Suitcases are packed, guinea pigs have gone to their holiday residence, last-minute jobs are done. We packed twice, actually: we packed once, decided we had too much stuff, so unpacked, removed some, er, non-essential items & repacked everything. I want to believe it's better...
Max & Erin are a little bit excited, I think. Trouble is, with a night flight, you have all day beforehand to wait around to go. I think I'd rather do everything the day before, then go do bed, get up in the morning & go straight to the airport (after a hearty breakfast, of course). Poor Max & Erin are trying hard to find things to do to fill their day. But hey, it's only an hour or so before we set off to the airport, and then things will get really exciting.
One minor annoyance: my watch has chosen today to cease functioning as a watch. The battery's running down, so it tells a time, but not one that's useful to me. Time to buy something cheap and nasty at the airport, I guess.
Right, must go, got a plane to catch... next stop Sydney...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?